In today’s digital age, browsing the internet has become a daily routine for almost everyone. With smartphones becoming an essential part of our lives, browsing the internet on-the-go has become easier than ever. However, as much as we love the convenience of browsing on our smartphones, sometimes we may want to change our default browser on Android phones. In this blog post, we will discuss the steps to change your default browser on Android phones.
What is a default browser?
A default browser is the browser that opens up every time you click on a link or access the internet on your Android phone. By default, Android phones come with Google Chrome as their default browser, but if you prefer another browser, you can easily change it.
Steps to change your default browser on Android phone:
Step 1: Install the new browser
The first step to change your default browser on Android phone is to install the new browser that you want to use. You can download any browser of your choice from the Google Play Store. Some popular browsers that you can download are Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, and Brave.
Step 2: Open the new browser
Once you have downloaded and installed the new browser on your Android phone, you need to open it. You can find the browser in your app drawer or on your home screen, depending on where you have placed it.
Step 3: Set the new browser as default
After opening the new browser, the next step is to set it as your default browser. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Scroll down and select “Apps & notifications.”
- Under the “Advanced” section, select “Default apps.”
- Select “Browser app.”
- You will see a list of browsers installed on your Android phone. Select the new browser that you want to set as your default browser.
Once you have selected the new browser as your default browser, all links and internet searches will open in the new browser instead of Google Chrome.
Step 4: Test the new browser
After setting the new browser as your default browser, it is essential to test it to make sure that it is working correctly. Open any link or perform a search to see if the new browser opens up. If it does, then congratulations, you have successfully changed your default browser on Android phone.
- If you want to switch back to Google Chrome as your default browser, you can follow the same steps mentioned above and select Google Chrome as your default browser.
- If you have multiple browsers installed on your Android phone and want to change the default browser, you need to follow the same steps mentioned above and select the new browser that you want to set as your default browser.
- Sometimes, changing the default browser on Android phones can cause some apps to stop working correctly. In such cases, you can switch back to the default browser or contact the app developer for assistance.
In conclusion, changing the default browser on Android phones is a simple process that can be done in just a few steps. By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily set the new browser of your choice as your default browser. With so many browsers available on the Google Play Store, you can experiment with different browsers to find the one that suits your browsing needs the best. We hope this blog post was helpful, and you were able to change your default browser on Android phone with ease.